Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary chaplet with prayer card
In the 13th century a new devotion was instituted . "The devotion of the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary". It is prayed upon a chaplet made up of seven sections of seven beads. Each section of seven beads is divided from the rest by medals depicting the seven principal sorrows of Mary's life. The Hail Mary is said on each of the beads, with one Our Father said before every seven Hail Mary's. At the end of the chaplet, three Hail Mary's are to be said, in honor of the Sorrowful Tears of Our Lady.
Our Seven Dolors Rosary (or Seven Dolors Chaplet) is crafted with Acrylic 7mm beads. Each chaplet medal contains an image of the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Metal type is zinc Alloy. The Feast of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows is on September 15. Bellow you will find the Chaplet prayer.
*It also so includes the Chaplet prayer card
Chaplet Prayer Sections
1) The Prophesy of Simeon over the Tender Infant Jesus
2) The Desperate Flight of the Holy Family into Egypt
3) The Loss of the Child Jesus for Three Days
4) The Sorrowful Meeting of Jesus and Mary Along the Way of The Cross
5) Mary Watches Her Divine Son Suffer and Die upon the Cross
6) Jesus is Struck by the Lance of a soldier, Taken Down from the Cross and Placed in His Poor Mother's Arms.
7) Mary Watches as the Body of Her Divine Son is Buried in a Tomb
End the Chaplet with 3 Hail Mary's in honor of Our Lady's Tears.
Share this Product
Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary chaplet with prayer card (Buy one get one free)
The chaplet is beautiful, but I wish the prayer card had the actual prayers on it. (even on the back) - the opening/closing prayer and Most Merciful Mother prayer.
Great color and details. Thank you!
Although I pray the rosary daily, I never focused on the Blessed Mother’s Sorrows nor gave them much thought. Then I found this Seven Sorrows Rosary. I had never seen this before but now praying the Sorrows is heartbreaking for me. I can’t bear thinking of the Blessed Mother crying. I am grateful to the Catholic Shopping Place for providing a product that brings me closer to the faith.